District

District History

The Brentwood Borough School District is located within Allegheny County and covers a 1.4 square mile area.  Brentwood is a walking district and accommodates students in kindergarten through twelfth grades. The District offers a full-day kindergarten and houses elementary students in both Moore and Elroy elementary schools. Middle and High School students attend the Brentwood Middle/High School.

The school district was founded in 1915 with classes held in the building that is now known as Moore Elementary School. Elroy School was erected and officially opened its doors in the fall of 1921.  In 1925 both Moore and Elroy buildings were enlarged. The Brentwood High School building was built in 1934, with renovations in 1940, 1954, 1973, and 2001.

Brentwood has always been a walking district and has an average student enrollment of 1,250 students/year.
Mission Statement

It is the mission of the Brentwood Borough School District to develop in all students the skills to think critically by reasoning, creating, connecting, and transforming in order to meet the challenges of the 21st century and achieve to their fullest potential as ethical citizens.



Vision Statement

It is the vision of the Brentwood Borough School District for all students to graduate prepared to meet the challenges of a complex society through lifelong learning skills that will allow them to be successful in college, career, and their individual life goals.
 
View text-based website